Sunday, October 14, 2012

Listen to your Body

I am exhausted right now, every muscle in my body hurts and I just feel drained. Wishing I was at home in my sweatpants and sweatshirt all curled up with a nice tea.

Talked to Andrew about only doing light cardio today based on how I feel and he agrees that I should listen to my body. So if that means rest today, I’ll rest. I may also concentrate on some stretching and yoga at home.

When I got home from work today, I still felt so tired that I did actually get into those sweats and I fell asleep for 3 hours. Woke up still not feeling refreshed, still achy and cold so I think a nice bath may be the next step.

It is important to listen to how you feel as much as it is important to push hard and be tough. I feel like I should work out but I know that today it could make me feel worse rather than better. My body is telling me it needs rest so I had better listen to it because at this stage I DO NOT want to get sick.

I am in good spirits even though I feel pretty crappy right now and although I am feeling hungrier on this diet, I am finding it ok so far. I do feel leaner already and I really want results plus those new runners as reward so I'm giving it my all.

I have had a bath now, slept a bunch, had my tea and the rest of my meals for the day. I didn't work out but again with how I feel I think it's best. I'll push hard and get back at it again tomorrow with leg day, aiming for 2 x cardio and intervals.

Note to self: When hungry, DO NOT watch TV. ( So many commercials for chocolate, for yogurt, ugggggggg)

Remember listening to your body is an important step; pushing to hard when you are already exhausted could do more harm than good. So allow your body the rest it deserves and get right back at it tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment