Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Eat Clean

“In the beginning they’ll ask you why you’re doing it but in the end they’ll ask you how you did it”

Of course, everyone’s first assumption when it comes to exercise is always that it’s done to lose weight. While this may be true in a lot of instances, it really wasn’t the driving force for me.

Sure I knew it wouldn’t hurt me to lose a few pounds but I was in good shape over all and was of average size.

I started seeing Andrew because I had fitness goals that I wanted to achieve and I didn’t know how to achieve them. I have wanted the look of firm, toned muscles for years but I didn’t push myself like Andrew pushes me so I guess I needed that kick in the ass to get going.

Don’t get me wrong once the weight started coming off it was more motivation to keep going but seeing the definition in my arms, shoulders, back and all over my body has been the biggest motivator.

The quote above is so true. When I first started this process people I know would come up to me all the time and ask “why are you doing this, why are you lifting so heavy?” and so on.

Now I get messages on face book or through email, questions from colleagues and friends about how I did it. How they can get “toned”, how they can get a flat stomach?

Truth is most of this process comes from what you put into your body. A combination of both, exercise and nutrition is the key. Haven’t you ever heard that abs are made in the kitchen? Fact: 30% gym, 70% diet.



What accounts for seeing muscle definition is the shed in body fat, this comes from proper diet, and by proper I mean clean. Process food is not good for you. You can train as hard as you want but if you are putting crap into your body then you won’t ever see significant change. Another Fact: The more muscle you have on your body; the more fat your body burns, even when it isn’t moving.

I am not an expert; I am only going from personal experience. I worked out for years without seeing any significant changes in my body because I thought I could just eat well but not great and with enough exercise get the body I desired. This is so not the case and is totally the wrong mindset.

Changes come from pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone and from eating as clean as possible.

Remember nothing worth having is ever easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment