Monday, October 15, 2012

40 Things I Have Learned So Far

So far on this journey, I have learned a lot about myself, other people and fitness in general.

I thought that I would share some of those things with you as food for thought.

1. I have learned that your mind is always a quitter, you have to learn to ignore that voice telling you that you are too tired, not in the mood, that you can’t or that you need that food.
"Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body does"

2. I have learned how to push past my comfort zone and that when I do; I am amazed at what my body is capable of

3. I have learned how to recognize when I am really hungry, which has resulted in learning how to really listen to my body

4. I have learned that cravings pass really quickly

5. I have learned that this process is a very trying and selfish one but also a very rewarding one

6. I have learned that anybody can create the body they have always dreamt of through hard work

7. I have learned not to be afraid to lift heavy as long as I know how to do so properly

8. I have learned that the diet is not the hardest part; the hardest part is actually finding balance, time and structure

9. I have learned that I can enjoy workouts at 4:15am and that the gym feels like home and puts me in a good mood

10. I have learned that a fitness competition requires much more than just working out and eating right

11. I have learned that I can do anything that I set my mind to, that I am determined, focused and very strong willed

12. I have learned that some people will not like what you are doing and will not encourage you because they are jealous

13. I have learned to appreciate the little things

14. I have learned that I have a lot of supporters who are rooting for me

15. I have learned that my husband is far more understanding than he should be at times

16. I have learned the importance of preparation and planning especially when it comes to food

17. I have learned that nothing comes easy. You have to fight for it and through it every day

18. I have learned that I can accomplish a lot in one day

19. I have learned the benefits of having a positive attitude

20. I have learned to listen to my body. If it tells me it needs rest, it needs rest. Sleep is very important.

21. I have learned that this can be an emotional roller coaster

22. I have learned that abs come from nutrition and that no amount of ab exercises will ever give you a 6 pack

23. I have learned that encouragement, words of support and keeping a journal or blog are very helpful and that I have some great friends and family

24. I have learned that competing is expensive

25. I have learned that Andrew is awesome because he got me here, because he is supportive, motivational and knowledgeable

26. I have learned to walk, cook, clean toilets, etc in 5" stripper heels

27. I have learned that as soon as I slow down or stop for a second I am exhausted. If I just keep going, doing no matter what, I am good

28. I have learned to enjoy green tea

29. I have learned how to cook cleaner, healthier meals

30. I have learned that sometimes pain is a good thing

31. I have learned how good it feels to give your all during your work out and feel totally exhausted afterward

32. I have learned that I am not skinny, nor do I want to be. I am a strong, fit, healthy woman

33. I am learning to love my body

34. I have learned how to properly dead lift

35. I have learned that your body adapts to everything so switching things up is important

36. I have learned that no matter how much a woman works out, she will not be big and bulky like a man unless she is taking something to create that effect

37. I have learned that most people don’t understand this process, what it takes and what it’s about

38. I have learned that fasting does not hurt the body, it actually helps and also that eating 5-6 small meal a day is better than 3-4 big ones

39. I have learned that nerves always get the better of me but I need to learn to overcome that for the big day

40. I have learned that this is a lifestyle choice and that I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment