Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spagetti Squash Recipe

Last night I finally used the spaghetti squash I bought and made homemade spaghetti with it. What a fabulous substitute for pasta and so easy to make.



I used the microwave to heat the squash for a minute and a half. However, you can also back it in the over. Then, simply cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and place both cut ends in 1/2 cup warm water until soft and easier to scrape out with a fork.




My Sauce:
Simmer together
lean ground chicken (brown first)
Sprinkle of parsley, basil, salt and pepper
Clove garlic
1 onion
Add tomatoes and any other veggies ( mushrooms, zucchini, peppers,etc)




Serve over the spaghetti squash you already created. It is delicious and tastes just like homemade spaghetti but is so much healthier than regular pasta.

Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. I love spag squash! I used to make this all the time. I need to make it again :) Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first time but I'll definitely be making it again. It was delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spaghetti squash is my LIFE!! I bake like 20 pounds every 3 days and I eat it like a horse eats hay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....I think I may be doing the same thing now that I have tried it and realize how good it is :)

    ReplyDelete