Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Exhaustion

Exhaustion has taken over my whole body. I am completely drained and depleted; and now know what real exhaustion feels like. Every limb, muscle and joint in my body feels heavy and it's draining just to walk up the stairs.

I left work around 1pm yesterday because I wasn't feeling the best; tired, headache and my body just hurt. Came home, practically crawled upstairs, landed on the bed and slept for 2 hours. I got up because I was starving, ate and fell asleep again for another 2 hours.

When Kevin came home, I had just gotten up again so we had supper, I had a bath and we were both in bed by 9:30pm. When the alarm went off this morning there was just no way my body could do it, so I took a sick day and I didn't get out of bed until 10:30am. Since yesterday afternoon, I have slept for a total of 17hrs and to be quite honest I'm not sure I'm done yet. It's so not like me to sleep so much, so I know my body is telling me something.

I'm getting concerned though because I wasn't able to train yesterday and if this morning is any indication of how the rest of the day will be, I won't get anything in today either. My fingers are crossed that I start to get some energy later so I can at least get cardio in.

Luckily, I am fairly certain that it isn't the flu but it is something that needs attention or could turn into the flu; and that, I really don't need at this point. Rest is so important and I haven't been getting an adequate amount to accommodate what I am doing to my body on a daily basis. Hence, the 17 hrs....lol

I want to say a quick thanks to everyone following my blog, some of you I know, as friends on my Facebook page, who have emailed or wrote on my wall with supportive comments and encouragement. I appreciate it more than you know. Support and encouragement are also very important in this process and make a big difference to ones motivation and determination. All your words have motivated me to keep going when I thought I had nothing left, like right now for instance.
My husband, family, friends, work colleagues, people at the gym; it means a lot to know so many people are rooting for me.

18 days until the big day! Although I feel pretty crappy right now, I wouldn't change the decision I made to do this for a second. It has made me so much more aware of my capabilities as a person, of my will power and determination and of my love for fitness. Fit girls really do rock!

Tomorrow is also my last day of shift for 5 days so more time for well deserved rest. I am not going out of town with Kevin this time because I want to focus on everything I have to do, all those lists, on training and on rest. I have to search out my photo shoot work out gear, maybe new runners and I have an appointment for a hair cut and highlights.

So for the remainder of the day, I'm going to be resting and praying that my body catches up on the rest it needs by this evening. I really need to pump out my workout and cardio, however, I won't push it if my body is screaming "no". Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment