Friday, October 5, 2012

Confidence

How does one achieve that confident stage presence?

I mean does any women really feel 100% comfortable on that stage, half naked being judged on body, hair, make up, suit, shoes, tan and so on.

I can bet that there aren't many women, no matter how good they look or how fit they are that can't find flaws with their body; that can't find something to improve on.

Funny how that is?

How does one get past it enough to step out on stage in front of hundreds of people and be confident and comfortable?

I know we'll practice posing, walking in our 5" stilettos and suits but practicing at home or with a couple of others, doesn't prepare you for the real thing, does it?

If you were a fly on the wall in my home, you'd think I'm ready now :) (funny, haha)
I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, judging and critiquing myself, not out of confidence but out of anxiety. "Where are the changes,  where are my abs, any new veins, is this where I should be at this point?" These are the things that run through my head. I am certainly not thinking look at that hot babe...hahaha

So where does it come from? That poise, confidence and stage presence, that one has to exude on the big day.

Personally, I think it's all about attitude, about being positive and knowing that you have given this 110%, seen some great results and are proud; not only of your body but of all the hard work. It's not about perfection; it's about you and about giving it your all especially on stage.

The work leading up to the big day, prepares you for that moment, so what's the point, if you are not going to be positive about being onstage as well. If you can exude happiness and positivity it generally leads to looking confident. It's about overcoming your fears and giving it all you've got.

So on the big day, while on the inside, I expect to be trembling with fear and a bag of nerves, I intend to be a smiling, happy, confident Melissa. One that deep down knows how tough it is to get to this moment and is proud of those accomplishments no matter what the outcome.

Ultimately I want to enjoy the day, take it all in and be happy. It has, after all, been a dream of mine for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment