Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hi everyone! I haven't posted anything in what seems like a really long time, however I guess it's only been 3 days, but a lot can happen in 3 days.

It's my 5 days off...woohoo! One more day left before going back to work on Tuesday. So what did I get up to this weekend?

Thursday was spent cleaning house, doing laundry and training of course. Andrew worked me pretty hard and so to say I was pooped is an understatement. The workout was what Andrew calls 'jerks and swingers', which included dumb bell clean and press (I beat my personal best with 50lbs each side for 2 sets of 5 reps) yay me!, barbell clean and press which I got up to 85lbs for 5 reps, thrusters with 2 x 30lb dumb bells for 3 sets of 10 and 40lb kettlebell swings for 3 sets of 20.

Friday we drove the 6hrs to visit Kevin's parents and kids. I hate the drive.....but this time I was feeling so exhausted that I slept almost all the way. PMS....makes me so drained and I guess with the intense workouts my body needed a rest. So no workout, I relaxed and I continued reading 'Devote yourself to an Ideal'-- which by the way, is an amazing read and highly recommended for everyone.

Here is the link: http://www.muscleprodigy.com

Saturday, the highlight of my weekend, HOT YOGA.....! I didn't really know what to expect but I was very impressed. It was so rejuvenating, cleansing and boy did I sweat. I'll be doing it again for sure. Then Saturday afternoon, Kevin and I trained. Workout consisted of: 4 sets of 10 Bulgarian split squats per leg (45lb barbell), push press (65lb barbell), chin-ups, Romanian deadlifts (65lb barbell) plus an additional 100 walking lunges (2x35lb) and 100 push-ups.

Again on Sunday morning, I wasn't feeling 100% but I got motivated, pushed through my workout and did some shopping. Workout was cardio intervals on the treadmill-- 20mins alternating speeds. I actually got my speed up to 11mph for the first time ever....yay me again!! Sunday was also carb refeed day (oatmeal, rice cakes, fruit, rice, veggies). Yummy!

We are now on week 2 of the Bambury fat loss program and I must admit the workouts are phenomenal. I feel so great and I am already noticing a difference in my endurance. I told Andrew that he is creating an animal....lol; I'm getting addicted.

Tomorrow will be another fast day, we are training in the morning and have a few appointments before we hit the road again. It should be a great week of workouts as I am training with Andrew for 3 days straight before he leaves on vacation and for me, the diet is my lifestyle now so I don't find that part difficult anymore.

Oh and another highlight, the weather actually warmed up this weekend and it was actually only -4 or  -5 all weekend long. Nice!

Hope you all have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment