Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Challenge = Change

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday everyone!

It’s especially happy for me as once again it is the last day of my shift and I am free for another 5 days. 5 days of training, hanging with my hubby, dinner date with friends of ours and relaxing.

I have been back into my routine for a few days now and I am already down 3 pounds. Since my competition and with the increase in some food intake over the holidays, I had gained 8 pounds total. As I said before some weight gain was expected post competition, however my goal was to work to keep the gain at 5 pounds or less. I am back on track now. Yay!

Kevin and I had a super work out last night. We tested our skills again with pull-ups, push-ups, kettle bell swings, kettle bell thrusts and the plank. We also ran 20 minutes for distance.

Here were my results last night:
Pull-ups: 6 good clean ones; I can get 7 but the 7th one is not clean at all.
Push-ups: decreased to 28; in my defense though my arms and shoulders were super sore
Kettle bell swings with 40lbs for 3 sets of 15
Kettle bell thrusts with 2 x (20lbs) for 3 sets of 15
Plank: 4 minutes (personal best)
20 minute run got me 2.5miles or 4k (goal is to get 5k)



I feel so great and motivated these days again to be back at it full swing; to have my husband really into it as well. Eating and water intake are all back on track.

Tonight, I am taking a rest because I’m sore; it feels like everywhere and I also have some errands and appointments. Tomorrow, however, I’ll be back at the gym with Andrew for a morning appointment and cardio.

I hope everyone’s day is fabulous, until next time.

Remember: "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment