Sunday, January 20, 2013

And So it Begins--28 Days of Fun

So today begins the 28 day ‘Body by Bambury’ fat loss program; written and developed by none other than my trainer Andrew Bambury. I knew it was coming and I knew it wouldn’t be easy but holy wow, just reading it exhausts me or as one of the texts I received last night reads “Is it wrong that I wanna throw up after reading the first page?”

The program’s diet is based on Paleo, still incorporates one fast day per week and the work outs are in no way easy or even moderate.

But with all of this said, I am looking forward to the challenge, to improving my chin-up abilities, run abilities as well as my overall conditioning and endurance. I am looking at it as 28 days of fun because challenges can only mean improvement, right?

My husband is doing this one as well, so we’ll both be eating the same and working out the same which will enable us to push each other and help each other out.

This week, known to those in the program as 'Bambury Rocks' will start with a tabata workout or ‘Tabata Craziness’ as it’s called; 20s on and 10 sec off with 9 exercises for 3 sets.

The end of the 28 days will take us to February 16, one week before we leave for the cruise. Should, therefore, be in tip top shape before we go which will give us a little room to enjoy some little indulgences for that week.

Then it’ll be back to reality and I’ll be full steam ahead into competition training.

Will keep you posted! -- “Challenges mean Improvements”

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment