Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coconut Milk

I have started using coconut milk in my diet these days.

It has so many great benefits and tastes great especially in my protein shakes.


Here are some quick facts about coconut milk:

*Supplies iron- 1 cup = ¼ of the daily needed value
*Magnesium to prevent muscle cramps and soreness
*Full of dietary fiber to help you feel fuller longer
*It is high in Omega-3, 6 and 9 and can aid in weight loss
*Boosts the immune system
*Lactose and gluten free
*Great for skin and hair

Overall, it tastes great and is great for you. What more could you ask for?

Protein Shake recipe:
Ice
1 or 2 cups of coconut milk (I use 1 but my husband uses 2)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1 banana (optional)

Blend together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment