Friday, January 18, 2013

The Liebster Award

So I received a message this morning from Brittany, a fellow blogger from http://bbbfitandhealthy.wordpress.com/ informing me that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award.

Yay! But what is this Liebster Award, I thought…lol.

Of course, it is an incredible honor just to be recognized in the first place; let alone being nominated. So I'm excited!

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who deserve some recognition and support to keep blogging. Yay, that’s me!

The rules are simple:
*Write 11 random facts about yourself
*Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you
*Create 11 new questions
*Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
*Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post

So thanks a bunch Brittany!

Random facts about me:
1.      I love to read and can get so caught up that I can easily lose a day
2.      My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing (the original)
3.      I can speak French and understand some German
4.      The Sunflower is my favorite flower because it’s so vibrant
5.      I love to browse through Thrift shops to see what unique and interesting things I can find
6.      I am afraid of heights but I have bungee jumped with my husband
7.      I love peanut butter and eat it out of the jar with a spoon
8.      I love to travel
9.      I find the ocean and the sound of the waves very calming. I grew up near the ocean
10.  I love shoes and have currently moved on from an obsession with heels to an obsession with gym shoes
11.  I hate early mornings yet my job requires the alarm to go off at 4:30am, go figure!

Answers to the questions from Brittany:
1.      What’s your favorite snack? Hmm…banana with peanut butter and almonds
2.      Would you rather be stuck on a deserted island alone with a lifetime supply of food or with your best friend and no supplies? Best friend and no supplies for sure, more adventure and fun in that one J
3.      What is your fitness pet peeve? People who talk on cell phones while training
4.      Instagram, Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
5.      Who inspires you most? My trainer, he just knows how to get me pumped
6.      If someone made a movie about your life, who would play you? I honestly haven’t a clue
7.      What song pumps you up for a workout? Anything fast paced and upbeat
8.      If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Peanut Butter…lol
9.      What was the best gift you ever received? After working so hard for my first fitness competition, my husband had a motivational picture made of me using my picture from a photo shoot with one of my favorite motivational quotes “Strong is the new Skinny” <3 http://fitgirlsrock.blogspot.ca/2012/12/best-gift-ever.html
10.  What’s your dream job? Personal Training; helping people reach their fitness goals
11.  What’s your favorite color? J Purple

Questions for the Nominees:

1.      What is your favorite fitness quote?
2.      What is your ideal vacation getaway?
3.      What body part are you most proud of?
4.      What is your biggest achievement?
5.      What would be an ideal morning?
6.      What is your favorite season?
7.      What is your favorite cheat meal?
8.      What is your favorite movie?
9.      Silver or Gold?
10.  Books or Movies?
11.  What is one thing you have always wanted to do but still haven’t done?


And the nominees are:


The Chocolate Mile http://thechocolatemile.com/





My (Mostly) Healthy Life http://www.mymostlyhealthylife.com/


From Wine to Weightlifting http://www.winetoweightlifting.com/



I look forward to seeing your responses and thanks again Brittany.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I'll probably answer them tomorrow!

    I love peanut butter too! Easily one of my favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all. I like your blog! :)

    Yes I know the feeling, anything with Penaut butter is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination!

    Great to learn more about you :)

    Like you, I LOOOOVE Peanut Butter. out of the jar. by the spoonful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome!

      I have been following your blog for awhile, I found it while I was in competition mode :)

      Peanut Butter. is . wonderful!!!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks girl!!! I loved reading all of your facts!!! Aww, thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Sarah! It was fun to fill out as well!! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the nomination!! :) I'm glad you found my blog!
    I actually did a Liebster post not too long ago, but may do this again in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! Thank you!!!! It looks like we have a ton in common except I can't any speak foreign languages. I studied French for 5 years and spent a summer in France and I still can't speak but 5 words!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jenn! That's cool; I don't use my French much anymore but I can still speak it just not very confidently.

      Delete