Sunday, September 30, 2012

Onward to 9 weeks out

September 15th

So if you asked me how I feel today? you would get exhausted, excited, defeated—a mixture of emotions all wrapped into one I guess.

I got onto the scale again this morning because I was feeling lighter but not a movement still holding steady at 130lbs. I suppose I should be happy that at least I haven’t gained and I should take comfort in the fact that I am getting compliments on my great shape and looking leaner.
When I woke this morning, I had stomach issues coupled with the fact that I am exhausted so I decided to stay home and take a sick day from work. Glad that I did….I slept until 10:50am which is so not like me so I must have been really tired. These strenuous workouts with the early 4:30am mornings are taking a toll on me so I have decided to ask for either the Sat or Sun of each shift off to recoup, get some house work done, cook, catch up on laundry and workout early enough to get home and relax in the evening.
Eating wise I have been doing pretty well at least 5-6 small meals a day consisting of egg whites, protein shakes, chicken breasts, green veggies and every now and again a little snack on nuts.

Workouts have been going well too, however energy wise I can notice a little difference (less energy than normal) but I am pushing through, lifting well and feeling great.
Using anything that I can find for motivation such as pinterest, posters, quotes, blogs, texts to others, etc. this process is a lot tougher than I had anticipated and staying focused on the prize is some times a hard thing to do but I am motivated and my will power is strong so I know that I can do this.
This week I have decided that I am going to try to be a little more resilient—not that i am cheating or anything but little things like a few nuts should be cut and I am contemplating one fast day every second Monday starting September 17 just to see if it moves the scale at all.

I have no problem right now fitting in all the workouts and cardio sessions so I am not changing that routine yet unless Andrew suggests otherwise.

Here is to another week and reaching those goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment