Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mind vs Body

Love this quote.  "That voice inside your head that says you can't; is a LIAR"

TRUTH!

I have been pushing myself so hard for quite sometime now and you have no idea the number of times I have had to tell my inner voice to just SHUT UP....lol

Fitness, getting out of your comfort zone.....it is all a mind game. "The mind will quit a thousand times for the body does".



There are things that my body can do, weights I can lift, the amount I can handle in the gym that I never thought possible and there are so many times that my mind takes over and tries to tell me that I can't do it, I can't take it anymore, etc.

The trick is learning how to control that voice, learning how to fight it, take it on and prove it wrong!

Even the other night when I was working to beat my mile run time, that voice kicked in and said "you need to stop, you're tired, you can't do it!" So what did I do? I talked myself through it. I said, Melissa this is one of your December goals, PUSH, you got this, you can do it! And guess what? I did.



So next time that voice tries to take over your mind, remember your body is far stronger than the voice telling you to stop. Push and keep going just a little further, get out of that comfort zone and it'll leave you with the most exhilarating feeling of accomplishment.





No comments:

Post a Comment