Monday, December 10, 2012

Fun Times

This weekend was one filled with fun times and happy moments. I am getting super excited about going home to see my family in 6 more sleeps and I am on day 1 of my 3 remaining working days; then I will be off until January 7th.

So what wonderful fun things did we get up to this weekend?

Friday night we had our annual Christmas party. I enjoyed getting dressed up with my hubby, going out and dancing. The meal was tasty; I had a bite of my hubby’s desert and even a couple glasses of red wine. (I paid for the red wine with a major headache later however; could also be because I was in dehydration mode for my photo shoot the next morning. Yet red wine, is supposed to help with vascularity so that’s why I allowed myself a couple of glasses).


Saturday morning, I had my shoot for 3 hours, got some great shots although I don’t have any of them yet. Rick was great to work with and I enjoyed the shoot overall. Check out his work at northern Exposure Photography- http://www.nexp.ca/
The dehydration method seemed to work well because I think I was tighter overall and other than the headache, I believe that the red wine did what it was meant to as well.

The rest of the day Saturday was spent doing Christmas cleaning, running errands and then that night my hubby and I had our annual holiday cheat meal. Every year before we leave for Christmas vacation, we indulge in a cheat feast and curl up to watch a Christmas movie with popcorn and a box of chocolates.

This year our meal was Ground Chicken Nachos. Yummy! And we watched the movie ‘A Christmas Carol’ with Jim Carey.

Sunday, I was back to cleaning house, laundry, cooking for the week and my work out. I tried a couple of new recipes which I have already posted; Ground Chicken Breast Meatballs, Baked Oatmeal and then the normal food prep which consisted of shrimp, salads, chicken breast, veggies, omelets and protein muffins.


Workout was a total body variety with 100 push-ups, 100 leg raises, 100 lunges per leg, 100 squats and 100 1-leg hip thrusts.

Overall, this weekend was an enjoyable one. I feel like I accomplished a lot around the house; I still have packing to do but everything else is done.

Main Goal this week: Work out every day until I leave on Friday morning and fit one last work out in on Saturday as well in Innisfail before we fly on Sunday. I have appointments with Andrew on Tuesday and Thursday, tonight Kevin and I are hitting legs and on Wednesday I will likely do shoulders.

Keep Training Hard!
Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment