Thursday, October 11, 2012

More Diet Changes

I got a text this evening from Andrew explaining that he would be making some changes to my current diet plan.

I waited in nervous anticipation for the email. Are the changes good? Well that remains to be seen because I won’t start the new plan until tomorrow.

I was excited when I got the email because it does add a variety of healthy fats like salmon, whole eggs, coconut oil or almond butter and tenderloin beef but there are a couple of things that I am concerned about and kind of put me in a funk so to speak. 

First of which is that there are no carbs included in the diet, other than veggies, for the next 14 days (that hurt) but I think I can handle it. What will be difficult, however and makes me want to cry is that I am no longer allowed my protein shake. My protein shake was my one and only sweet, it served as my crutch for my sweet tooth and now that's being taken away as well.

A sample day looks like this:

meal 1:
2 whole eggs
1 scoop greens+
1 tbsp coconut oil or almond butter

meal 2:
3 tbsp hemp seed or 3oz chicken breast and 1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cup green beans

meal 3:
3oz chicken breast
1 tbsp almond butter or coconut oil
1 cup red peppers

meal 4:
3oz chicken breast
2 tbsp hemp seed or 1 cup red peppers

meal 5:
1 tbsp almond butter or coconut oil and 1 cup red peppers
2 whole eggs
There have also been some additional supplements added to my daily regimen. I will now be taking creatine and CLA in addition to everything that I was taking before.

This will surely test my willpower but hey it's only food, right? And it's only for 14 days, for now at least. I got this, don't I? I am skeptical and to be honest when I realized there was no shake and no carbs for 14 days, this thought popped into my head "why the f**k am I doing this? Why am I torturing myself"?

But again the answer to those things is simple. This is something I have wanted for as long as I can remember, I am not a quitter so now that I have started there is no way I won't allow myself to make it and I have people out there that I am motivating and that are rooting for me so I can't and won't let them down.

I find the more I think about the diet, the more I want to feel sorry for myself, but that doesn't make much sense when this is my decision. I chose this and no one is making me do it. So here I am trying to get over it and get to the positive, Andrew knows his stuff, so I am sure after 14 days there will be some noticeable improvements and you can do anything for 14 days, right? Of course I can. I have come this far.

So am I pumped? Right now I would have to say no but I just have to get my head around the new changes again. After a couple of days of no shakes ill be used to that too and all will be well in my carb free world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment