Sunday, October 7, 2012

6 weeks out

Today marks the 6 weeks out (42 days) point.

Holy crap, I am nervous and I have so many thoughts.

Will I be ready?
When are my freakin' abs going to appear?
When are posing classes, I need practice and to know how?
Shoes, the ones I ordered were too small?
How dark a tan should I have and how do I keep my skin looking healthy and shiny?
Stage presence, how do I get over that fear, and kill it up there as well?
Am I on track for the 6 week point?

Today was a good day, in most respects. I went to the gym right away this morning and busted out a tabata, plyometrics workout plus one hour of cardio intervals.

Workout was as follows for anyone interested:
Set #1 bosu weighted front squats, medicine ball plank, bench jump (wide to narrow) x 3
Set#2 weighted step ups, up and down plank, over the bench jumps x 3
Set#3 weighted reverse/ forward lunge, kettlebell swings, high bench jumps x 3
Set#4 weighted Bulgarian split squats, kettlebell press, Spider-Man push-ups x 3
20 sec/ 10 sec off for each exercise

15 x push up to chin up

Cardio:
Alternating levels on elliptical for 20 minutes
Alternating speeds on treadmill for 20 minutes
Alternating incline on treadmill for 20 minutes

Stretching

I felt fabulous after this one and I was completely drenched and dripping with sweat when I was done. The shower was well deserved and needed.

We had thanksgiving dinner today so I got to eat turkey breast (a welcome change) and a green salad with some shrimp. Plus a tbsp of peanut butter for dessert-- pitiful I know but that's how it has to be.
It was easier than I thought it would be to turn down stuffing, perogees, cabbage rolls and pumpkin pie.

I am still concerned in a lot of ways about this process but I guess this is to be expected since it is something new and different. I feel like I am on the right track, however, i just have my moments of fear that I won't be ready but at the same time I can see that I am getting closer everyday.

Tomorrow is carb reload day, so until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment