Friday, March 15, 2013

Struggling!

Happy Friday Everybody!

It’s been a rough week! I started back to work on Tuesday and honestly; I am struggling.



As I mentioned in a previous post, there are a lot of stressful things going on at work with downsizing and transfers then add to that not sleeping well even though I am exhausted and it leads to me struggling.

Since I started back to work, I have been feeling extremely tired, I have no appetite, am sometimes nauseous and the only energy I seem to have is at the gym. My workouts aren’t suffering and actually I have been making some considerable improvements strength and endurance wise but this is the first time since I started eating as clean as I do and living this healthy lifestyle that I have struggled this way.




Not only that, but this coming Sunday, I will be 9 weeks out from the show that I want to do and I am seeing no changes in my body. I am stuck…grrrrr! I know all about being patient with my body and I also know that my metabolism is slow but I feel like something is off.

Although I have no real appetite, I am forcing myself to eat and eat very clean (which is as you know normal for me) and I always drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. So what is it?

I have made an appointment with a naturopath here in town. She comes highly recommended and so I am going to give her a try. I have heard she is very thorough and my appointment is Monday. Personally, I think it may all be related to stress, I (we—my husband as well) have been going through some things in regards to his ex-wife and kids as well as with work and it doesn’t help that I am not overly happy with my job, my transfer to a new area and the fact that I was denied vacation to go home and see my family until June or July at the earliest L

It’s been a rough few days!! My trainer mentioned possibly high cortisol and I have been researching that; looks like it could be a possibility. High cortisol seems to come from stress and lack of proper sleep.

Here is one article that I found:

Then we discussed over training as a possibility but that doesn’t seem to fit either because my performance and strength aren’t down; in fact, as I said above those things are improving and I get a burst of energy at the gym.

On a brighter note; I had a great shoulder and cardio workout last night. Did an 85lb barbell seated overhead press (personal best) for 5 reps then 4 and then 3

I also received my “I sweat glitter” tank from https://www.facebook.com/Fitgirlsrock?ref=hl#!/TheProteinPrincess?fref=ts <3

I have been putting in more time studying for my personal training certification as well and my husband and I are heading out tonight for a St. Paddy’s Day Event.



So there are still positives and always things to be grateful for.

Don’t forget to follow me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/fitgirlsrock
I am glad I started the page because all my followers and the other pages I have hooked up with keep me even more motivated.

So Question: Has anyone ever experienced what I talked about in this blog? And if so, what was the cause?
How do you deal with the stress in your life?

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment