Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Struggling but Positive

Happy Wednesday to you all!

So I'm still having my struggles and I thought I'd update you on what's been transpiring since I last wrote.

As you are aware we got away to the mountains last weekend and had a fabulous time with beautiful fresh air and weather. Spring, it's so nice! By Saturday I was feeling so much better.

On Monday we worked shoulders at the gym, completed food prep and I had my follow up with the naturopath I have been seeing. She gave me 2 different types of herbs, added turmeric to my daily supplements and told me that she feels my body is in an acidic state so we need to get it more alkaline. This can take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. So likely no fitness shows for me until later this year. (Fingers crossed).

The above seemed very strange to me considering how clean I eat and how much green vegetables I consume. However at this point, what have I got to lose. My body is stuck and I'm not feeling like my energetic self very often. So Yesterday I started taking both the herbs as well as the turmeric and I am still taking (choking down) the detox veggie drink every morning.

I also transferred to my new job position yesterday and had a training session with Andrew. Work was well; work is work and the gym was awesome. We trained legs.

Workout:
Barbell squats: 135, 155, 165, 175 x 10 reps each all the way down
Circuit: pistol squats, prisoner squats, step ups, jump lunges and jump squats (3 sets #1-10 reps, #2-15 res, #3- 20 reps)
Abs: Romanian chair leg lifts superset with decline crunch (10 reps, 15 reps, 20 reps and then 25 reps)

Post workout, after arriving home, I started to feel sick just like I was getting the flu. I was so cold my teeth were chattering and I had to curl up next to our fireplace, I had a fever, felt stomach sick and every muscle, bone and organ in my body felt like it was in pain and aching. Later in the night, I also got a terrible headache. Is this what the detox and herbs do? Is this normal? I wrote her an email today to get those answers.

After approximately 12 hours of this, I finally felt better but tired. No work for me again today but I wrote to my boss to explain that I am having some health issues. He understood, thankfully.

So that is where I am. Still struggling but positive because I am not giving up. I can and will see some improvements soon. Thankfully my endurance and strength haven't been affected so my workouts are great.

I am listening to my body, it's struggling obviously so I am only doing what I can.

"Every positive thought propels you in the right direction"

On another note, my friend and I just got the kingfisher spa trip to Comox, BC through our work recreation committee. We will be travelling on our weekend off in April. April 18-21...yay! It'll be so nice to be pampered and to relax.

Before I sign off, I'll leave you with some things I have learned about adding turmeric to my body.

Turmeric prevents anemia, cancer, diabetes, food poisoning, gallstones, indigestion, IBS, constipation,  parasites and poor circulation
It is a powerful antioxidant, is anti-inflammatory and reduces joint pain
It regulates the female reproductive system and purifies the uterus and breast milk
In men, turmeric is anti-inflammatory for a healthy prostate
It is antibacterial and reduces fevers, diarrehea, urinary disorders, insanity, poisoning, cough and lactation problems
It detoxifies the liver, balances cholesterol levels, fights allergies, stimulates digestion, boost immunity and enhances the complexion.

Until next time,
Stay positive.













No comments:

Post a Comment