Thursday, March 14, 2013

Make Time; It's a Prioirity

I got asked today how I find the time for everything; work, training, cooking and eating clean, keeping the house going, etc.?

The answer to that is actually simple—you have to want it. There are no excuses when you want something bad enough. “Be stronger than your excuses”!



I work 11 hour days for 9 days straight before getting any time off. I am up at 4:30am every morning and I don’t get off work until 5pm. There are even mornings where I get up at 4am just to add in a half an hour of cardio to my day. Every night I pack my gym bag so I can go directly to the gym from work and I generally spend anywhere from 1-1 ½ hours there 6 evenings a week.

Every Sunday (usually rest day) I cook enough food to last a whole week or longer so that I can come home from the gym and just grab something, heat it and eat. Every night I also plan my meals and pack my lunch for the next day.

We (my husband and I) aren’t home enough to make the house overly dirty so I usually leave the major cleaning for my days off and stay on top of the laundry throughout the week.

I don’t find the time for this lifestyle, I make the time. In order to make it work, your training and health need to become a priority. It’s the only way. “When you want to succeed as badly as you want to breathe, you will be successful”.



I’m not going to pretend that I always feel like training or that I always feel like cooking every Sunday or even that I never crave unhealthy food. I am human and so of course I do; however I very rarely give in.

The sad thing and one reason why people are still choosing to live on fast food, etc. is that those types of foods are so much easier to find than the healthy stuff. I am willing to bet though that once you start leading the healthy lifestyle; you won’t go back to fast food again. Once you understand and realize how much better your body feels through clean eating and fitness; you’ll think twice about the feeling of bloatedness you get from a fast food fix.



Remember on this journey; preparation is the key to success. If you are not prepared it is so much harder to make a healthy lifestyle work.



“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did”.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment