Monday, February 3, 2014

The Importance of Food Prep

Hey everyone,

As you all know by now, I spend most of my Sundays prepping my food for the week. Why? Simply put it saves me from having to cook after work and make new things for my work lunches everyday. It also saves me from falling into the trap of getting home and not wanting to cook and ordering take out instead. As we have all heard, preparation is the key. Fail to plan; plan to fail and who wants to do that? Not me.

So yes I spend several hours cooking, washing, dicing, bagging, etc on Sundays but this saves me a lot of time during the week. Typically I cook enough for both my husband and I for 5-6 days and then do it all over again the following week. I try new recipes sometimes and there are some things that I cook over and over because I love them, like roasted Brussels sprouts. Yum!!

For me, it is the convenience of having all my food prepped and ready to eat. Basically everything is always at my fingertips so it's easy, convenient and a lot less stressful. It works for me and leaves me extra time for training and other things throughout the week.

This week I cooked:
Grilled salmon with avocado salsa
Bean salad
Roasted beets, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, broccoli
Omelettes
Turkey taco mixture for lettuce wraps
Shrimp
Raw veggies (washed and bagged)
Fruit (washed and bagged)

I'll share some of these newer recipes with you in another post. What about you, do you food prep? Do you see its importance for staying on course with your goals?

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment