Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Activities

Happy Friday Everyone and Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!


My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous outdoor evening of love last night. We left work a little early and headed out for a coffee. It was nice to sit and relax and just enjoy each other’s company.



We also ordered Chinese and tried to keep it somewhat healthy and clean. Not that Chinese is healthy but we stuck to the basics of just chicken, beef and veggies; no chicken balls, egg rolls or rice. I did however indulge in some chocolates (everyone has to live once in a while) and I will admit I enjoyed them.


Later in the evening we headed downtown for the start of the Winter Play Festival here in Fort McMurray http://www.winterplay.ca  and being that it started on Valentine’s Day; the events were kicked off with the Lover’s Fireworks opening ceremony.

*Fireworks Show*

The Events included:
Performances by figure skaters and fire dancers
Hot chocolate
Bonfires
Great Music
Outdoor Public Skating
Choreographed Fireworks display

We participated in all of the above and although it was chilly; it was not overly cold and it was a beautiful night for it. We both enjoy skating so that was nice and the fireworks display was incredible and very well done.

*My husband Kevin and I at the festivities and skating*


Overall we had a very enjoyable, fun-filled evening and it was awesome to spend time together still doing something active but in the fresh air.

*US*

How was your Valentine's Day? Did you have any chocolate? Did you do something active?



Until next time,




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Valentines Day with us :)I love Steamed Chicken with King Mushrooms. My go to order if I have Chinese food.

    No chocolate for me...other than a chocolate protein shake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be no chocolate again for me for awhile. I will be in competition training and diet mode again soon too :)

    ReplyDelete