Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Transformation Tuesday- Mandie's Journey

This week's Transformation Tuesday comes from Mandie of Finding Myself Through Fitness: Mandie's Journey.

I first chatted with Mandie when a mutual friend pointed her in my direction for some fitness advice. I have been following her journey ever since and she is a great inspiration.

Here is her story:

I've been a big but athletic girl all my life and after the birth of my 2nd child I was tipping the scales at around 300lbs. I joined Weight Watchers in the Fall of 2011 and lost about 50lbs from October to May, then summer hit and I totally fell off the wagon. My son started school in the fall of 2013 and I decided I needed to make a change. I was tipping the scales at 265lbs ( before pic).

Now I've always been a happy person so I was never depressed about my weight, just new I needed a change. I registered for a local 3k race that September and vowed I would run that distance. So I began training and getting up at 5am to run and train. I ran that 3km and I was hooked. Next came a 5km and a 10km. I was still around 230lbs but ran my heart out.

Over the winter my running was put on the back burner because of the cold weather but I did a lot of cross training and weight training. I used Les Mills Combat and researched some good weight routines for the big events I have planed this year. Some of which are a Spartan Sprint in July, Femsport in August and a half marathon in September.

I've currently lost 87lbs. I don't really have a weight goal but getting in the 100lb club would be nice. Just being healthy and setting a positive example for my children and family keeps me going.

Thanks Mandie. Keep up the good work :)

you can follow Mandie on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/findingmyselfthroughfitness:mandie'sjourney

If you would like to be featured in a Transformation Tuesday post, please contact me.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment