Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Transformation Tuesday- Karye's Story

This week’s Transformation Tuesday comes from Karye McLendon of Banginbods101. She is also a fellow Nutrition Snob Clothing Ambassador.
 
Karye doesn’t have the typical transformation story in that she didn't actually have weight to lose. Her story is more about going from skinny fat to healthy. There are many women out there who are already small and do not have weight to lose however just because someone is thin, does not necessarily make them healthy.


Here is Karye’s story in her own words.

"I don't have a typical story. I only went from skinny fat to fit. But I did do it all on my own. I always thought I was "healthy" but like most chicks, was doing it ALL wrong.

I am going to turn 40 this year and I’m preparing to compete in my 4th bikini competition. Trying to juggle working full time running a family business, three sons and two step sons from 16 to 4 years old, can be challenging to say the least but I am 100% dedicated to this lifestyle. In fact, I am obsessed with it."


I think Karye's story is a reminder for everyone that the goal should be healthy not skinny. Far to ofter we focus on being thin instead of being healthy.

You can reach Karye via the following:


Instagram at karye_mclendon

If you would like to be featured in a Transformation Tuesday post please contact me and I’ll be more than happy to feature you.

Until next time,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment