Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Fast Metabolism D.I.E.T--A Recap

Hey Fitness Peeps,

As promised, although a little late, here is the total recap of the Fast Metabolism D.I.E.T. Better late than never! I completed the entire 28 day program last Sunday, April 6th.

Overall, the program was easy to follow, for me at least, because most of the rules are already a part of my daily routine. i.e. drinking lots of water, eating clean, natural food and eating every 3-4 hours.
 
The biggest struggles were giving up all caffeine and even though I only have one daily coffee; I’ll admit this was tough. I also had difficulty following the exercise regimen and only lifting 2 days a week instead of my normal 5 or 6 days as well as only doing cardio 2 days a week. I didn’t have an issue with the meal plan as it was fairly straightforward; there were no counting calories although there were guidelines on portion sizes.  However if you stayed within the portions and ate every 3-4 hours it was a simple process to follow. I found I was only hungry or at least feeling like I was missing something on the phase 2 when you could only eat protein and veggies.

Did I notice a difference? The book claims to repair all the organs, hormones, glands, etc that allow our metabolism to function properly when it is failing us. I can’t say for sure if it did those things or not but I can tell you that I did notice a difference in my energy levels, my nails are healthier, I feel better overall and although I was eating more food, specifically more carbohydrates, I didn’t gain any weight and maintained where I was before I started. This alone tells me that my metabolism is functioning better. The book, however, also claims that followers of the plan can and will lose weight over a period of time. I didn’t lose any weight on the scale or any inches, although perhaps if I had continued on the plan longer than the 28 days I may have seen some, of this I am not sure. The program is a 28 day plan but the book does also say that you can continue to cycle the program if you feel it is necessary. My husband just finished his 28 days on this plan today and he lost a total of 10lbs so it does work for weight loss as well but like everything else it depends on the person, etc.

If you are looking for a strategic daily plan, if you are feeling sluggish, need a metabolism boost and can go without caffeine for a month then I suggest trying this plan. It certainly can’t hurt. You are eating more to feel better and to lose weight in some cases; the foods are natural, clean and healthy anyway so it may be worth a try. The book is written by Haylie Pomroy and is titled The Fast Metabolism D.I.E.T. DIET in this case meaning Did I Eat Today?
 
If you would like a detailed weekly recap, you can also check out Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 for more specifics.
 
Let me know your thoughts. Have you ever done this program or anything similar?

Until next time,
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment