Monday, December 16, 2013

Food Prep


Happy Monday!!

Let’s talk food prep. It’s an important part of staying on track, don’t you think? What’s that saying; oh yes “Failing to plan is planning to fail”.
 
Personally, myself I take one day every week to prepare all my food for the upcoming work days. That day is usually Sunday simply because I don’t work on that day, however this weekend it turned out to be Saturday.

I prepped, cooked, washed and bagged all my food for this; my last week of work before the Christmas break.

 So what did I do?

This week I made my oven roasted green veggies as per usual; which I love. Simply sprinkle veggies with coconut oil, sea salt and bake until tender. I did this with my brussel sprouts, asparagus and broccoli. Yum!

 

 
I also grilled salmon and halibut steaks. I just seasoned them with a little lemon pepper.

 
Next I made my other typical item; scrambled eggs. Nothing to this one, simply mix together a few eggs, add additional egg whites, some veggies and/or meat and cook. Simple but delicious!

I made my protein muffins again because my hubby just loves them. Get the recipe here



 
Last but certainly not least I played with the juicing again, I made a big salad, washed and bagged fruit and raw veggies and I think that was it.



Voila—Done!

It may seem like a daunting task just thinking about spending several hours in the kitchen but believe me you and your body will be thankful you did. It makes staying on track so much easier and with the food right in front of you; you are bound to only eat clean plus packing lunch is a breeze.

 
Enjoy!

Until next time,

 

Question: Do you do food prep early week?

No comments:

Post a Comment