Monday, August 19, 2013

The Fit Girl Scoop: August

I figured it may be time for another one of my famous updates. Let’s see; where do I begin?

I travelled back home to Newfoundland for 10 days a couple of weeks ago to visit my family and it was a wonderful time. The weather was gorgeous, we spent lots of time outside and the time with my niece especially was super.


While I was there my eating remained clean because it is a big part of me now; it’s my lifestyle. My training was sporadic I had a few great runs with my sister and a few obstacle course days.

I always love to travel back home and spend time with my family J It is relaxing and rejuvenating.

I suppose everyone is wondering how I am feeling and if I am getting any better.
I am happy to report that yes I am feeling better and getting back on track. In my last post, I talked about how my metabolism issues were making me rarely hungry but lately that seems to be slowly improving. My stomach actually growls again…lol

I have a meeting with my coach, Naomi from http://www.keane2befit.com tonight to go over the next steps in the metabolic damage process and to getting back on track. I am starting to feel like my body may be ready to work on getting lean again. (I don’t mean lean in a competition sort of way but I lean in a way where I feel good about where I am physically and mentally and in a way that I can maintain).

My current training program consists of both endurance and lifting stuff at the gym or outside 4-5 days a week plus at least one day of outside running or yoga. My eating consists of 5-6 small meals a day every 2-3 hours with no concentration on calories but only on getting all of my macronutrients in daily. A typical day includes lots of veggies, lean protein, healthy fats as well as carbs from rice, quinoa and sometimes oats.

Am I happy where I am? No I am not but I have accepted that it is where I have to be for now and I am working through it. I am still healthy, active and fit AND Fit Girls Rock!!!

This weekend my husband and I participated in Fort McMurray’s largest outdoor yoga class. It was in support of the Dream a Dream 17 charity for cancer and it was a blast. There was a nice turnout and it was a beautiful morning.


Lastly on a bit of a sadder note; my trainer is moving out of town. I am honestly devastated but at the same time truly happy for him. Andrew has played a huge role in my life in the past 2 years and has helped me achieve some of my biggest fitness goals. Beyond that, he has also taught me a lot about myself. I am sad to see him go and I am unsure if I will be getting another trainer. I think I am going to be training myself for the time being at least until I get into training for another competition.

That’s the FitGirl News to date.
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment