Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Goal- Women’s Strength + Fitness Challenge

Hi Everyone! Happy Thursday to you!

I realize that my posts have been somewhat sporadic these past few weeks and I haven’t been keeping on top of my blog as much as I should. I am trying to do better; I swear I am J

The struggles continue but I am working through them as best I can. My training is going phenomenally well and my eating has been normal and clean with no coffee so far this week.

I have however been feeling very bloated plus I haven’t had a period yet this month but instead I feel like I have had PMS symptoms for weeks. Grrrr……

On a brighter note, I am excited to announce that a couple of friends and I have registered ourselves as a team for Fem Sport Calgary on June 22, 2013.

What is it? It’s a Women’s Strength + Fitness Challenge

Events include:
-Inverted rows (1 minute time limit as many as possible)
-18” Box Jumps (50 repetitions-timed)
-Kettle bell Lift (carry 5 kettle bells one at a time to different locations and place on pedestals of varying heights-timed)
-Tire Pull (75 ft. pull with 120lb tire-timed)
-Obstacle course (may include carrying 45lb water jugs, agility apparatus, balance beam, baton placement, sprints, agility poles, 4ft vault box, and pushing a vehicle-timed)
-Tire Flip (flip 260lb tire 5 times in a straight line-timed)

It’ll be an exciting and interesting challenge.

So needless to say, I am training hard. This week I have already been sore almost every day.
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: chest and shoulders (timed 1 minute break between sets) and cardio
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: appt with trainer and cardio

I purchased a treadmill this past weekend and my husband and I finally got it setup last night. I will be using it for the first time tomorrow morning at 4am. I am going to try and push myself to get up 20 minutes earlier to get an interval workout in before work. Wish me luck!

As frustrated as I am with my body and how I feel; I am still forging ahead and pushing onward.

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill

 I won’t allow this to bring me down. I am still performing well and getting stronger. I feel strong and powerful and I am finally getting some of my energy back.

It is the struggle that makes the best story. So I’ll struggle through this onward to my success.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment