Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Weekend Escape

What an amazing few days! I have been immersed in luxury, pampering and tranquility since Thursday when a girlfriend and I arrived at the Kingfisher Spa in Comox, British Columbia. It's been an incredible few days.

We have gotten our hands, feet and face pampered, taken a massage, enjoyed the hydro baths, taken naps, eaten some incredible food, drank some great wine and enjoyed the great ocean views from the comforts of our room.

There is an average fitness centre here, equipped with all the basics to fulfil my training desires, including a fabulous view of the ocean. There are also yoga classes, a pool and a hot tub. The place is just fabulous. If peace, quiet and tranquility along with a little pampering are what you need, this is the ultimate getaway.

The smell of fresh ocean air reminds me of home and the sounds of birds chirping reminds me that it is at least Springtime here. Everything is lush and green and just beautiful.

There isn't that much to do in the area; we have asked various locals and they have nothing much to tell us, but we don't care. We are here to escape the hustle and bustle, the stress and rush of Fort McMurray, work and the never ending winter.

Here, it seems, I have finally been able to relax. Through all of my pampering, I have managed to shut off my mind with no real thoughts swarming and crowding my head. This has never happened for me before and I finally feel as though, I now know what it means to truly relax. Yay me!

I highly recommend this quaint little place for anyone needing an escape and some 'me' time. The fact that there is so little to do here, makes it the perfect getaway.

Check it out and if you do end up here; breath in the fresh ocean air and enjoy the tranquility for all it's worth.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment