Sunday, September 30, 2012

Positive Thinking is the Key

September 17th

Am I getting leaner? Holy smokes I sure hope so….but I am not feeling it every day. I can certainly notice more veins showing up while I am working out especially in my arms, which I know is a great sign so I am continuing to truck along.
Yesterday was a bit of a hard day for me because although it was carb reload day, I was completely drained, tired and out of it—my head just felt foggy. I'm not sure I have ever mentioned carb reload day--Sunday the day to eat oatmeal, rice or quinoa.
I left work early as I always do on weekends and headed straight to the gym all the while thinking I don’t know where the energy is coming for this (plan was total body workout, 20min interval training on the bike plus cardio outside). I made it through but I think the main reason why was motivation and determination after I had 2 people come up to me and tell me that they can see noticeable difference in me and that I look great.
I did complete the workouts without any issues and headed to Abasand Hill for cardio which got cut short because a black bear came out and crossed the path and I booted it for the car…lol. I did get 2 ½ rounds up and down the hill.

After all the energy I used to complete my workouts, I had nothing left and I was exhausted when I got home. I ate, had a nice bath to sooth my muscles where I fell asleep and got into bed at 8:45pm in tears because I am so depleted, drained and lacking motivation.

Today I am feeling better and I started telling myself on Saturday that this will be a big week for me change wise. I am going to see the scale drop and notice a significant change in my body after this week—I have to. I am working so hard…..so today I am starting with a fast day (I woke up and had a shake and I brought some pb with me and a green pepper in case I start to feel so bad that I need to eat something), I will have a shake as well after my workout, there will be no nuts or coffee for me this week, I will drink no less than 4 liters of water a day and I will keep that willpower and focus. I want to up my cardio to twice daily on my days off as well. I just want to see if making these minor changes will help move the scale. 

A couple of other things that are happening, I got an email from the lady who makes the suits and I have to have that all finalized for her by weeks end. Scary but I have picked some ideas and I am looking forward to the consult. I think I am going with purple.

Should receive my shoes this week or next and I need to start practicing in those 5 inch heels…ouch!
The other thing that was suggested to me is that I start to get my husband to take my pictures each week at the same time so that I can see what changes are being made week to week. 

One thing that I have noticed is that positive thinking is a key factor in getting through this. I just have to remember that on my bad days!

No comments:

Post a Comment