Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Training relieves Stress

Good morning everyone!

Well, it has already been an exhausting shift and I am only on day 2 of 9. Oh NO!

It is so hard to get back into the routine of the buzz, buzz of the alarm at 4:30am and also of the 11 hour work day again.

I feel exhausted because I haven’t been sleeping well either and the atmosphere at work these days is more than a little stressful. There are a lot of changes happening; a lot of uncertainty and people are stressed and anxious; including me. I am getting transferred into a new area; one that I am not so sure about.

Needless to say my first day back yesterday was a tough one. All I thought about was getting to the gym to relieve the tension but then when I got home all I actually wanted to do was eat a big bag of chips and crawl into bed. Fortunately, I didn’t do either of those things. I went to the gym and pulled out a fantastic, sweat dripping leg routine and felt so much better after. I left the gym with a smile on my face.



Last night’s leg routine:
3 sets of straight leg dead lifts (90lbs) superset with hamstring curls (60lbs)
3 sets of squat thrusters (20lb dumb bells, 25lb dumb bells and 30lb dumb bells)
3 sets of step ups holding 20lb kettle bells
3 sets of bench jumps superset with 3 sets of split squats with a 45lb plate overhead
3 sets of 40lb kettle bell swings
Bike circuit: 20 sec pedaling as fast as you can, 40 sec regular pedaling continuing for 10 minutes.

Nutrition wise I am eating well and incorporating some carbs here and there as discussed with my trainer. My metabolism is so slow and it gets frustrating because I don’t see changes for a while but I have learned to be patient with my body and give it the time it needs to adjust.

Oh yes; I almost forgot my exciting news. My training session on Monday was fantastic and I was so pumped after. We did back and I made some great improvements in some lifts.

Dead lifts: 225 x 1, 245 x 1, 255 x 1, 225 x 3 and another 225 x 3
weighted chin ups: completed 2, 4, 3, 4 with 10lbs attached to me and another 4 with only bodyweight
15 single arm rows superset with a 1 minute to 1 minute, 30 second plank x 3 sets

Here is the video of my deadlift:



Overall; workout, nutrition and energy wise I feel great. I am looking forward to my appointment with my trainer tonight as well as a good night sleep which I really need.

My body is sore which makes me happy…lol; back, arms and abs are all feeling the effects of training and I love it!

Here’s to another great workout tonight.

Until next time;





2 comments:

  1. Honestly, if I'm having a bad day, working out always makes me feel good! Great job on the DF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it always make me feel so great. Last night I just put my music on, headphones in and gave it all I had until I felt better. It worked! Thank you, I was so pumped after completing that dead lift. My strength is improving so much :)

      Delete