Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Transformation Tuesday- Kaseedee's Story


This week’s Transformation Tuesday comes from Kaseedee, a fellow Strong Figure ambassador.

Here is Kaseedee’s story in her own words.

When I was growing up we never really focused on eating right and getting exercise. We played sports and ran around all day, so it wasn’t until after I had my son that the real problems began for me.

After my son was born I clocked in at over 250lbs and I’m only 5’2″…I was tired, miserable, sick, unhappy, the list goes on. I knew something had to change but I just had NO idea where to start!


Then one day my husband went into uncharted territory by giving me the newspaper with an ad for a gym and said, “I think this would be good for you.” At that point he looked terrified–LOL–I knew there were two reactions I could have taken here but as I sat there thinking about it, I knew that for myself and my lil guy, I had to do something to change; I had to be able to play with him, carry him up the stairs and enjoy our time together. So I signed up and then I showed up the first day with no idea what to do! I must have looked like I was going to cry because a woman came up to me (she worked at the gym) and asked if I needed help, and I burst into tears at that very moment. From that point on that woman became my trainer and helped me physically and emotionally break through my barriers–she is the reason that I now work in fitness and am on a mission to help women who are going through the same struggles I went through.

I have learned so much along my journey. :) I have had many ups and downs along the way emotionally and physically but ultimately have never given up!!!! I have learned that I would rather be a strong woman than fit any “mold” out there…I want to be my FIT, not what someone tells me is fit…..I have learned that skinny is not necessarily healthy, and you have to strive to be your healthiest, not a number on the scale. I have learned to push myself and try new things–when I was over 250lbs I NEVER in a million years would have thought I would complete obstacle races, marathons, jump boxes, climb walls–but I have and I WILL continue to set these goals and make myself stronger and bring along anyone who wants to join me along! Most recently I ran my first MARATHON!!!!!!

I keep surprising myself by what my body is able to do!!! Who knows what is next for me!!!

You can find Kasseedee via the following:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/coachkaseedeej
Twitter: @kaseedeej
Blog: jerseydollsfitness.blogspot.com

If anyone would like to donate to Kaseedee’s Team in Training Page, please visit-- http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/nj14/kjermain

If you would like to be featured in a Transformation Tuesday post please feel free to contact me.

Until next time,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment