Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Transformation Tuesday- Debi's Story

This week's Transformation Tuesday post comes from Debi of Fit Healthy Mommy.

Debi became active after the birth of all three kids and has since changed her mindset and is enjoying the energy and overall strength that comes from being active.

Here is Debi's story.


In short , I had never been into sports as a child or teen, and never really did any type of regular exercise until after having children. I had three daughters in a short period of time (2005-2008) and it really did a number on my body.

I had done Weight Watchers a few times but still never really embraced the fitness aspect. I didn't connect the weight loss with moving my body, but rather with what I was eating.

After my 3rd daughter was born, I saw a picture that someone had tagged of me on Facebook and it was a brutal reality check. Right after that, I committed (with my husband) to doing P90X, a home workout program. I was told that I wouldn't be able to do it. And those words fueled my fire. That was in early 2009.

Since then, I have struggled!! I've remained active in terms of working out, even becoming a group fitness instructor, TurboKick instructor, Beachbody Coach and Holistic Health Coach. With the knowledge I gained, I have been able to make changes over the past few years - both with nutrition and my fitness routine. I was tested for food intolerances and found that by eliminating things that were hindering my progress, I was able to reduce inflammation and gain energy.

It wasn't until January of this year that I started to fully understand the importance of truly balancing my workouts by adding in regular, consistent weight training and challenging myself more than I thought possible. I am probably stronger now than I have ever been in my life. I'm 37 years old.

Changing my mindset from a number on the scale or a certain size of clothing to a feeling of more energy, better posture, and an overall feeling of strength was the critical component that allowed me to hop off the roller coaster and enjoy the steady ride of slow progress!!

You can follow Debi on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/FitHealthyMommy

If you would like to be featured in a Transformation Tuesday post; please don't hesitate to contact me.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment