Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Struggle Today; Strength Tomorrow

Who knew being told not to train could be so hard? Well…..I guess I knew it wouldn’t be easy since I love it so much.

There is something wrong with the picture of your husband walking out the door headed to the gym and you kissing him goodbye saying have a good workout babe…..just wrong!!!

I keep telling myself daily this is going to make me better and this is what I need but it is really FREAKIN’ tough.

I can’t remember the last time that I was away from training for 1 whole week….but I am headed into the gym tomorrow night to train for FemSport, which is only 17 days away now. Exciting!!! I will be training once per week until that date and then my coach and I will establish if and when I will continue based on how I feel from there.

So what have I been doing? Sleeping A LOT; I was on my days off from work when I met with my coach for the first time and was told to stop training so I kept occupied on the weekend with gardening, a couple of leisure walks, spent some nice time with my hubby and did some things around the house.

I started back to work yesterday and had the discussion with my boss about needing to either take some time off or reduce my hours. The 11-12 hour days for 9 days straight was killing me; I mean my first day off all that I could do was sleep. So we had the discussion and for now we have decided to simply reduce my hours to 8-9 hours per day. I will be going on vacation in 1.5 more shifts and then I will come back to a regular work week of Monday to Friday 8 hours per day. I’m really looking forward to that and already getting to sleep for the extra hour and a half this morning, I feel better.

In terms of eating, I am struggling. Not because I am eating the wrong things or over-eating but because I rarely feel hungry and sometimes the thought of food makes me want to gag. I know, I know…I’m supposed to eat more but how? I just don’t want to eat; I’m ok with small meals like fruit, veggies, a protein shake or something but the thought of bigger meals…blah! I am making a conscience effort to eat more but it has not been easy either.

I meet with Naomi again on Friday for some more direction and discussions on what is next. As things move forward, I am taking comfort in knowing that all of these changes and efforts are going to make me feel better in the long run and are going to bring me back to doing what I love; which is train.



Remember: The struggle experienced today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.



Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment