Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Transformation Tuesday- Christie's Story


This week’s Transformation Tuesday comes from Christie at Fitnix.

Chrsitie is also a fellow Nutrition Snob Clothing Ambassador, a mom of three; most recently a baby boy. I started following Christie via facebook and she is very inspiring.


Here is her 9 months postpartum story in her own words:

9 months of consistency is still paying off, slowly but progressively. I am still hovering around 130 pounds on the scale which I have been since 4 months postpartum, but my shape is changing. My body tends to hold the last few pounds while breastfeeding so I am really hoping to see more changes over the next few weeks now that I have stopped.

I mention my weight because it really still shocks me that I can see so many changes….step on the scale expecting to see that reflected, and it still hasn’t changed. I was at 125 when I got pregnant and that took a while for me to accept because that was an all-time high but it looked good. Since I started back at the gym my goal was to build muscle back as a priority and lose fat as part of the process. And I have stayed committed to that mission. The muscle is coming and the fat is leaving slowly but it is leaving.



I am still making great strides in my training and that keeps me happier than the scale moving a little ever would. Heavy dead lifts and push-ups are easy again; I can do hanging leg raises with my legs straight again for sets of 10, and my pull ups are also coming along.
 
 
I wanted to make sure that you see my progress but also that ONE picture won’t always tell the whole story. I still have skin but mostly I think its fat that’s taking it’s time leaving but that’s right where my baby boy was growing inside me and that’s pretty awesome. So if it takes another few months to keep tightening all that up so be it.

Cardio, for me, is still almost nonexistent these days. I only get 90 minutes of child care at the gym and every single one of those is taken by my lifting for the day. I often say to myself that I will do some cardio later but once I get home the mom duties usually take over and my lifting routine is no joke, let’s face it I’m pooped. If I were prepping for a show than I’m confident I could get it done but right now I am still focusing on gaining muscle and then coming home to be a full time mom and wife. Can you tell I’m trying to convince you ladies that weight training does a body good?

I still have days where the progress is clear and moments I wonder if I am ever going to get where I see myself. I know I have come a long way and still have to fight the comparison blues (she had a baby 6 months ago and looks better than me, blah blah). My goals are mine, my journey is mine, and my efforts each day are mine.


I have gone to the gym when I would rather sleep while the baby sleeps, I have gone with all three kids when my mornings were too full to get there, and I have resisted the sweet temptations that lurk around my house all too often.

But I have also enjoyed dinner out with friends, cake for birthdays, and pizza nights with my husband. My approach is dedicated and committed but it’s also one of balance and moderation. I have said it before and will say it again….I am not low calorie, low fat, low carb, paleo, whole 30, clean eating…..I am AWARE!! I log my food, I know my macros and I try to eat un-processed whole foods as much as possible.

These 9 months have flown by but then I think of all the LOVE, SWEAT AND GRIT that has gone into each hurdle, from not wanting to step back into the gym, hardly being able to squat the bar, and feeling like a zombie for a good 8 months…..one day at a time…that’s all it takes!!!

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!!!

You can follow Christie at:

Website: http://www.fitnix.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fitnix

If you would like to be featured in a Transformation Tuesday post please feel free to contact me.

Until next time,

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment