Monday, October 7, 2013

CIBC Run for the Cure

This weekend I participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure. An annual run held each October in support of breast cancer awareness.


As you know, October is breast cancer awareness month and as the opening ceremonies got underway, I was very moved by some of the emotional speeches of breast cancer survivors. I thought of and ran for all women who have survived, who are fighting or who have gone before due to this terrible disease.

It was an explosion of pink as all runners took off for the 5k. There were men with pink tutus, baby strollers decked out in pink, dogs with pink ribbons and so on.


myself all decked out in pink as well

The weather was beautiful and I stayed strong throughout the entire run. I finished in approximately 18 minutes.

Thank you to anyone who donated to the cause and to my run in particular. I raised close to $1100.00 :)

pre-run
 
This was my first time ever wearing long socks for a run and I must admit that I was surprised by how comfortable they are. Mine say 'Tough Tatas'; fitting for the particular occasion I think :)
 
check out http://www.thesoxbox.com for the socks. They come in all colors with many different sayings.


Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment