Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Body Image Struggles

So as most of you know I have been struggling for the last several months with adrenal fatigue, hormonal imbalance, low iron and metabolic damage.

Although, I am coming around, progressing and feeling nowhere near as exhausted as I have been; I am still having a very hard time emotionally accepting myself and my current body image.

Being that I went on vacation right after Mexico; my body has had some time off to rest and relax and I can honestly say that I do notice an improvement because of it.

Emotionally though I am having difficulties accepting myself and I know that these negative thoughts do nothing only increase my stress and therefore my cortisol issues so I am working on trying to be more positive.

Have you ever noticed that when you are going through something, life throws things at you that make you think about where you are and why you are there?



I had a conversation with one of my friends recently where I was explaining how I feel.

This is what I got in return.

“Just remember we only have one life and that you can’t spend it unhappy. You are truly an inspiration for me and many other people; be thankful to have a healthy young body that allows you to work out and do all the things that you like to do. I know it is hard to be patient sometimes but whenever we continue to be sad because of something we don’t have, we miss out on what we have right now. If I was you I would be showing that tight little tush of yours off in a tiny little bikini! 

Don’t let a little bump in the road ruin your entire parade. You have come way too far to be sad. Just sit tight, look after yourself and next thing you know you will be back in the saddle again. Only stronger and wiser because of all the knowledge that you accumulated about what you are going through right now

I love my friends J and sometimes I get so caught up in myself that I lose site of the fact that I am still motivating and inspiring others through my daily healthy lifestyle and that I have a lot to be grateful for.

This morning I read a couple of other things that made me think about my current situation and I realized that there will be a positive outcome in the end because I am NOT the type of person to give up especially on something that I want so badly. Someday when I am a personal trainer; I am going to be that much better at it because I have been through this and will be able to help and educate others on my experience.

“When we get anxious and wonder why things are happening the way they are or we wish for something to hurry up... understand it's all for our learning and all occurs when you are at the moment of your journey when you can be ready for it. Never be ashamed of past difficulties they are there for a purpose and reason”- via Anna Trillana (Facebook Status)

With all this being said, I have decided that today I will take a more positive attitude towards where I am and how I feel. I will feel happier and be grateful for my health and my abilities in general. I may not look as much like the strong, well-defined woman I was several months ago but I am still strong and I am definitely still very determined.


“It is difficulties that show how strong you really are”

Thanks to all my friends, family and especially my husband for supporting me and saying all of the right things, for reminding me to be grateful and that it will get better.

Until next time,



“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping “

2 comments:

  1. You will be great as a personal trainer from the "I've been there" point of view. Keeping positive all the time is hard but that's just another way for you to learn more about yourself and grow. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. I appreciate that and I keep the thought of being able to help others in the back of my mind through the struggles. :)
      I hope one day my experiences lead me to b a great personal trainer for someone. Thx again.

      Delete