Thursday, May 9, 2013

Homemade Protein Bar Recipes

My husband has been asking me to make homemade protein bars for a while now. So a few days ago I decided to try a couple of different recipes.
#1) Homemade Protein Bars:
2 cups gluten free oats
4 scoops chocolate protein powder (gluten free)
Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
½ cup raw chopped almonds, ½ cup natural peanut butter and 1/3 cup water

Mix all ingredients together, spread into pan and refrigerate
#2) Homemade Banana Chocolate Protein Bars:
1 mashed banana
11/2 cups gluten free oats
2 tbsp ground flax seed
2-4 scoops of gluten free protein powder (I used 2)
¼ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup organic unsweetened coconut
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup water
½ dark chocolate bar (Lindt 90% dark chocolate)

Mix all ingredients except chocolate together and spread into pan. Melt chocolate and spread over mixture. Place in freezer for approximately 2 hours.
Results: Both are very yummy options, however while I prefer #1; my husband prefers #2. It is nice to have some variety so having both options available is ideal. We are currently enjoying them both J
Try them out and let me know what you think.
Which do you prefer?
Enjoy!
Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Love making my own protein bars too! Love how you melted chocolate to top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes the chocolate was a nice addition to those ones; however I would go with a little less banana when I make them again. My husband loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love protein bars and these are a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete