Sunday, April 28, 2013

Update Time

Hello Fit People!

I believe that I am overdue for a blog update as I haven’t posted in a week. Ahhh!!
I just can’t seem to get on track and it seems as though I am getting busier and busier.

So what’s new?

Oh yes; I’m training hard for the FemSport competition and I am currently up to 44 bench jumps in 1 minute. I need to get to 50 so more practice is still required. I have been doing a lot of endurance type workouts lately, incorporated with some heavier lifting. Love! I complete cardio and my training workouts 6 days a week but since I now have my treadmill at home; cardio is so much more convenient. Also Love!
Confession: I tried starting cardio again before work but being that I have to get up at 4am (Yes I said 4am) in order to do so; I have kind of dropped that idea for now. I did it once and I felt good but I was extremely tired by the end of the day. Now I just do it right after work; normally after my training.

Clean eating is natural for me and because I feel so crappy when I don’t do it; I rarely eat things that I know will make me feel that way. I’m ok with it and I never feel deprived so it’s all good.

Health Wise; I have had blood work with no results yet but I have been feeling better and getting back to normal I think (most days anyhow). I am tired a lot but then again I am up at 4:20am every day for 9 days straight, I work for 11 hours and go to the gym for 1.5hrs so by the time I get home I am exhausted. But hey, isn’t that a normal reaction to such a long day? My energy levels seem to have come up a little which I am pleased about and my weight is staying stable where it is for now; I am trying to live with it. Struggling but trying—disappointed that I am supposed to be competing again in 3 weeks and am not but accepting that I need to listen to my body, happy that I am getting stronger and my endurance is getting better. I’ll take it!

Don’t get me wrong; I haven’t gained a huge amount of weight, just more I guess than I would like. It’s been a hard thing to accept; being that I was in such a good place in November when I competed. My clothes still fit; I am still a size 2 and my workouts and healthy habits are still topnotch. So I guess the biggest bummer is not being able to compete again right now. However, I am very determined so I will get back into it again when my body decides it is ready.

Personal Training course is coming along slowly but surely. I am studying but it is sporadic because I don’t have a lot of free time to spend on it. I am hoping to write the exam this coming summer.

My husband is doing great and I am so proud of him. He is pushing hard at the gym and getting out of his comfort zone. He has muscle and loves to show it off…lol. He has lost a total of about 15lbs. New rule in our house: He is not allowed to get abs before me.

I think that’s all the updates I have. I am highly focused on FemSport now which was 8 weeks away from yesterday. I am really looking forward to this challenge and being a part of a team is exciting!!

After FemSport, my husband and I go to Mexico for a week with my sister and her husband and then I am planning a trip home to Newfoundland in August. My intention right now is to aim to compete in the fall; crossing my fingers that my body will be ready by then.

What about you; do any of you work long days?
How was your weekend?

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment