Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fitgirlsrock!! Be Bold. Be Badass. Be You.

Fitgirlsrock
 Be Bold. Be Badass. Be YOU!

It occurred to me just now, yes just now, weird I know, that I have never explained the meaning of my logo or where it came from. Now with that being said, I guess it can be fairly self explanatory in one respect but I figured I’d break it down and explain it from my own perspective. 

Fitgirlsrock! That’s a given. I mean who can argue that!?! We just are. We are strong, confident and yes, we are badass. 

I recently saw this thing on Facebook that goes something like “anyone who knows me knows I love ______________” and your friends get to answer what they think you love. One of the first responses for mine after squats ( ;) ) was empowering women. I love, love, love this!! It’s absolutely true but I never realized other people saw me that way as well. 


To be bold is to be daring. To step outside the realms of your comfort zone and discover your limitless potential. To choose what you want from life, give fear a punch in face and not stop until you've reached whatever it is that you decided you wanted from this life of yours. 

I discovered my own boldness, my own limitless potential through weight lifting. In fact, I found myself through lifting heavy shit. Weight lifting has a special way of seeping into all other aspects of your life. It just does. There is just something to be said for that moment when its just you and the bar; completely focused, all other thoughts gone. You against you. Thats not to say its easy because its not but isnthat the point? It shouldnt be easy; the hard is what makes it great!

To be badass is to be confident, strong and passionate. To carve your own path. To know what you want and to be fearless of the hard work it takes to get it. It’s about caring less what people think of you and instead, just being yourself. It is that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that comes from being your own free self. Grabbing life by the horns and doing what you are passionate about.  

A few years ago while I was still working in the corporate world, I had a one-on-one meeting with a fellow colleague; another woman actually. In this meeting, this woman told me that I was overly confident and, not in these words exactly, but that I needed to be knocked down a peg. Now, I am not going to sit here and tell you that this didn’t affect me because yes, it absolutely did. It bruised my self confidence for a little bit and I even began to doubt myself. That is until I realized something, I am confident, I am bold and I am the master of my own ship. It was because of my bold attitude that certain people were resentful, even jealous. You will run into them in this life as well but don’t let them break your confidence. Exercise your boldness. Dare to be yourself! 

Lastly, to be YOU is probably the most important. Why try and be someone or something you are not? We were all created as wonderful, unique individuals and that is what makes us great. Learn how to be who you are, who you were meant to be. Accept yourself; your weaknesses and your strengths, they make you, you. Shine your brightest, be happy, embrace who you are, flaws and all, and love your YouBe proud of your very own uniqueness. It is beautiful!

And so, this is what it means to be bold, to be badass and to be YOU! 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment