Hi Fit Friends,
I have been so neglectful of the blog lately--bad, bad me! I took a break from social media and blogging through the Christmas break simply because I needed it and I wanted to concentrate on family time :)
So Happy New Year! How was everyone's holidays?? Mine were fabulous :)
Have you set any goals for 2014? I have a lot of things planned fitness wise.
- my biggest one for the year is to complete my PT certification with ISSA
- I want my Spartan Trifecta this year
- The team is competing in FemSport again in June
- I am looking into attending the Monica Brant FemCamp
- There is a Northern Warrior Race here in the city as well as numerous other running events in the works and of course there is always beating personal bests in the gym.
There are no fitness competitions in my plans this year simply because I am listening to my body, trying to learn its wants and needs and being patience with it. I'm feeling good but not back to normal so I'm taking everything one day at a time and staying positive.
After the Christmas break I was feeling slightly sluggish and so this week I tried a reset, sort of a detox, I guess. All I really did was cut out meat protein and increase my veggie (mainly green veggie)
Intake and I was amazed at the results in a short time. I had loads of energy all week long, bloating was gone almost immediately and so were any digestive issues I was having. I stuck to eating protein smoothies, egg whites, beans and legumes, my own homemade juices, oatmeal, brown rice, green veggies and other veggies as well as fruit and loads of water.
It seems as though it is just what my body needed because I feel so much better overall. A great way to reset and recharge naturally.
My training is going well and I'm enjoying it, adding variety where I can and having fun.
Question: have you ever tried eliminating meat from your diet? How did it go?
Until next time,